Amazon Kindle Paperwhite Wi-Fi review
Hope Diwali preparation is in full swing at your house and you are thoroughly enjoying yourselves. This is a gifting season and I have an awesome idea of gift to others or yourself. Gift a Kindle to you book hugging nerdy girlfriend or to comfort your bookish soul.
I have been using Amazon Kindle Paperwhite for last 3 to 4 months and being an avid reader myself, I utterly enjoy the privileges of this gadget.
Kindle is an e book reader introduced by Amazon first on 2007 and claimed to be the best one at market.
Although there are very few e reader available at Indian market still now, Kindle has been proven to be moderately successful at it’s job.
What it claims:
- High-resolution display with 300 ppi – reads like real paper
- Now with Bookerly, our exclusive font, crafted to read even more like the printed page
- Built-in adjustable light – read day and night
- Unlike tablets, no screen glare, even in bright sunlight
- A single battery charge lasts weeks, not hours
- Massive book selection, lowest prices, Over 30,000 FREE eBooks and 2 million paid eBooks
- Lighter than a paperback, holds thousands of books
- Exclusive features help you build your vocabulary, learn about characters and connect with like-minded readers on Goodreads without leaving the page
- Over 500,000 eBooks at Rs. 99 or less and over 1.5 million eBooks at Rs. 299 or less.
It is available in two colors – black and white.
It is a simple bar designed very light weight and comfortable to hold.
You buy the same using the following link:
How much: Rs.10,999 (You might find it in discount many times a year!)
Tablets / iPad vs Kindle:
There is always an argument that why not pick a tab or iPad over an e reader where it gives so much more features in almost same price.
Well, my take in this matter is if you are looking for a multimedia device, kindle is not your thing. But if you are an avid reader, an e reader is much more comfortable and accommodating than of iPad.
- It does not strain your eyes it has front light technology unlike the electronic tabs or mobile phones.
- It does not distract you while reading a book as it does not have mail, Facebook and thousand other apps.
- You can connect with many other fellow book lovers and authors through Goodreads and you can exchange books and references. (Although kindle and Goodreads app is available in every platform, therefore not exclusive to kindle)
- You can easily read at night very much comfortably using adjusting the front light as it is not harsh to your eyes. As I am a person who religiously read before sleep, I thoroughly enjoy this feature.
- It can be read in bright sunlight as it is completely glare free. Not even the most expensive electronic tab can give you this feature.
- As it is not a multimedia device, the battery longevity is far better than iPad or Tabs. I charge my kindle full once and easily read through a week.
In short, if you are clear about your priority and you only want to read books, get an e reader!
Book vs Kindle:
I always love the feel of a book, smelling the new book is a spiritual feeling for me. That is the reason behind being hesitant before buying the kindle.
But what made my mind is when my delivery from Amazon was so late that I took a resolution that no more waiting for physical delivery or buying books! Let’s just buy and read it immediately.
Also there are exciting deals on amazon e books. I subscribed to their kindle unlimited and read 25 books last month for absolutely free.
But after all this, I have not stopped buying books (much to annoyance of my hubby!) 😀
I love books and that does not change but let’s face it, Kindle makes it more convenient to pursue my love.
I think you have already got the idea. 😛
Yes I looove my Kindle. I carry it in my purse or office bag daily. I had read in my laptop or smartphone before but nothing compares to the experience of reading in a kindle as it almost feels like a physical page and almost similarly comfortable.
But there are some negative sides too. It does not have any service centers in India and also I have heard that the service desk help is not that helpful though I have not till used it personally. (Thank God!)
It freezes sometimes or lags few seconds to respond but those are rare.
Overall, I am very happy with my kindle and really recommend you guys if you are planning to enter the digital world of reading.
- Light weight than most of the electronic tabs.
- Front light technology helps in reading in low light.
- No reflection under bright light, therefore easy to read in sun.
- Stores thousands of books and you can choose from thousands of options at a time.
- The font and size are adjustable to your convenience.
- The size is very convenient to carry it in your purse, bag or even pocket.
- No service center available in India.
- Not being a colored device, Comics or images are not that funny L
- Audio books cannot be listened as it does not support MP3.
- No physical button for changing pages or any other task.
- This device is a little delicate to handle; you are supposed to take good care and not sit on it!